Ensuring a balanced bite in Bearsted, Kent
Dental occlusion is another name for the way your upper and lower teeth meet when your jaws bite together. Your dental occlusion can, if imbalanced or interrupted, cause heavy wear on your teeth, exacerbate gum problems, and wreak havoc on the joints and muscles connecting your lower jaw to your skull.
If you are experiencing clicking or grinding pain in your jaw joints, ringing or buzzing in your ears, or difficult in opening or closing your mouth, this could all be because of incorrect occlusion. Luckily, our very own dentist Simon Courtney has a special interest in dental occlusion and will help address your issues.
- We can treat bruxism and the involuntary grinding of teeth
- We can treat para function in the mouth, jaw, and tongue
- Occlusal splint therapy alleviates jaw clenching and headaches
- Simon Courtney is a member of the British Society of Occlusal Studies
- Occlusion analysis can help identify your issue and how best to treat it
If you find your bite is unbalanced, you could risk health issues with your gums, teeth, jaw joints, and the surrounding muscles. Up to as many as 1 in 4 people suffer from symptoms of incorrect dental occlusion, but treatment is accessible and straight-forward with Roseacre Dental Practice.Book your appointment